Tuesday, July 1, 2008

india vs. canada

I just found this gem on Youtube - the scene for the TV show I worked on when I was in Mumbai! You can't see me anywhere in it, so don't try. I was very tiny in a crowd scene, so tiny in fact that I can't even see myself. But you can see the soccer game, all of which was filmed when I was there. And you can see the cheerleaders dancing. You may remember I was fired from being a cheerleader, for the combined reason of me being too fat, and also being mouthy with the crew.

The scene is HILARIOUS though. India VS Canada in a soccer game. Don't ask me why the Canadians are wearing green and yellow, and have British accents. And why they are apparently assholes who try to injure other players on purpose. I have tears in my eyes from laughing at this. Indian TV is... special.



Random update: Toronto on July 17th! Yay. Went to Prince Edward Island last weekend and it was great, will post some photos once everyone e-mails them to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Canada Day!

Anonymous said...

LOL! At least they got the coin right (toonie) and flag. Even though, the flags looked like photocopied pages printed out and handed out to the "non-Indian" extras.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was...err...uh...something.

I like that they had a Xena-esque suiting up scene for that guy.

As far as why they portrayed Canadians as douhebags I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the fact that we still recognize the Queen and the British monarchy, you know given all the horrible stuff the monarchy did in India they might not be such big fans of that.

- Alex

Anonymous said...

Hey is your sister also going to wonderland with us? We have a way to get some cheap tickets and need to know ASAP

- Alex