Saturday, September 13, 2008

delhi bomb blasts

Erica and I are currently in Delhi. If you've seen the news on TV or online, you've maybe seen that there have just been 5 bomb blasts in Delhi. In the downtown, market areas, etc. Erica and I are currently at her friend Sahira's house - we were all about to go out for dinner, but obviously we are going nowhere at the moment. We are just sitting here watching the TV. Right now it says 18 people have been killed and 90 injured. One of the blasts happened at a market about 10 minutes away from us right now. This is all really scary. But anyway, I am posting because Erica and I are safe. I don't know what we'll be doing for the next few days. Probably just staying inside, since we can't go anywhere at the moment. We had plans to go back to Bombay on the 17th but not sure what the situation will be, or when we can actually travel. I'll post again if I get internet access in the next few days and can find out more about what's happening or what we'll be doing.

Apparently there was a 12 year old boy carrying one of the bombs. This is just really scary. :(

*hugs* to everyone at home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i was soo worried after watching the tv report last night...... and i thought where u could be then..... but now i m a bit relieved...... and stay safe... i don't think leaving dehli would be a good idea now...... coz anything can happen anywhere...... and i don't even want to scare u more.... but i guess u r there in the wrong time..... and remember u r a westerner with white skin..... so u carry more risk....... take care......
zabir

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I read this before I got around to checking the news (I haven't had access to a television for a few days).

There's really not too much to say besides I'm incredibly happy that you're alright (obviously). Take care travelling the rest of India and come home safe -- your friends too. :)

*HUGZ*

Unknown said...

Hey Mel!!
Am so glad you and Erica are safe!
Miss you guys!
Hugs, :)